Sharing Your Raw Emotions with Alexis Barad-Cutler
Alexis Barad-Cutler is a storyteller, speaker, digital content creator and author specifically creating content for the motherhood and parenting space.
She also runs a group called Not Safe for Mom Group, where women can express and explore raw feelings about motherhood, without the risk of being judged.
It is a place where we can share our most “unsafe” thoughts and not only find empathy and support from others, but we find out that others are feeling similarly, as well.
The Unspoken Topic
- There is so much that is hiding just below the surface that women are willing to share. They just need to be invited into a safe space to do so. There’s a misconception that women are guarded but really, we just want to connect.
What We Cover
- How to normalize the uncomfortable feelings you have as a mom.
- Why speaking with other women can be the best form of self-care.
- How to find women that are having a similar experience as you.
Take a Listen >>
- Women just want to connect. And when we do, we feel so much better.
- It is human nature to want to be a part of groups.
- Self-care is talking with other women. When women get together, the conversations can be revelatory. The healing can be just as good as paying someone a lot of money for.
- Connect with women who are just a stage ahead of you so they can guide you through your experience.
- Sex at 6 weeks postpartum is not common. Give yourself grace.
- Try not to put so much weight on the decisions you make as a mom. Things always change.
Normalizing Your Feelings
- For any thoughts that you’re having and thinking you’re the only one suffering and everyone else is having a great sex life and marriage, YOU ARE NOT ALONE.
- Talk to someone and you will see you are not alone.
- By beginning the conversation with someone, you start to build the support system you’ve been craving.
Hardest Decision To Make as a Mom
- Making the daily decision to work. Sometimes she feels guilty because she knows she could spend more time with her kids. But ultimately, by allowing herself to have proper work hours, she is able to be present with her kids and fully be engaged when she is with them.
Most Excited About
- Being invited to be a facilitator in a space that helps women connect and know they are not alone in the feelings they are experiencing.
- On a personal level, her youngest son is turning 5 which means he can go to the school with his older brother and partake in the same activities.
What a treat! If you are in the New York area, you have got to take advantage of this incredible offer where you can attend one of Alexis’ events for free! Just type in your email address below and we will add you to the list! You’ll also be joining both of our lists so you can receive even more goodies!
Mama Has a Minute
- Favorite form of self-care: Watching TV.
- Best parenting advice ever received: Put down the books.
- Share your favorite parenting hack: Pick up the baby!
- Recommend one baby/ kid product you cannot live without: iPad
- Share your favorite book and why: Operating Instructions because it was the first book that helped her relate to new mom life as a writer.
- What motherhood means to you: Not holding onto one thing and being open to change. Also, allowing yourself to sit with feelings that may be uncomfortable.
Freebies From Us
- Join our Facebook Community
- Download our FREE Worried Mama’s Guide to Baby Milestones
- FREE Masterclass on getting rid of mom guilt when it comes to your finances.
- Learn to become an even more mindful mama without having to go to a yoga class or spend 30 minutes meditating with this free guide.