You Don’t Have to Choose Between Being a Stay at Home Mom or a Working Mom with Allison Lancaster
Allison Lancaster is a mom, wife and six-figure business owner.
She started her business in 2016 after giving birth to her first son, who spent 2 weeks in the NICU.
She has since grown not only a lifestyle blog but has become a trusted online business manager for entrepreneurs who are seeking to find purpose, passion and freedom.
Allison’s passion project is teaching other moms how to become work at home mamas so they can grow a business along with their babes.
She resides in East TN with her husband and two children.
The Unspoken Topic
- Women feel like we can either have this amazing career or we can stay at home with our babies, but we can have both. There is an online world waiting to be discovered that can support the two.
What We Cover
- What jobs you can do from home that do NOT include multiple-level-marketing.
- How to build a support system of people that understand what you are doing.
- How to create a plan to leave your 9-5 so you can live the life of your dreams.
Take a Listen >>
- There is an online world waiting to support moms who want to work from home and also raise their babies.
- Everybody has marketable skills.
- More than ever, traditional jobs can be done online. You can be a blogger, social media manager, online business manager, graphic designer, web designer, etc.
- Amazon hires customer services representatives to work from home.
- Be resourceful and do your research. Be persistent and don’t give up.
- Make sure you actually want to work from home. The lifestyle is not for everyone.
- Be sure to have a financial cushion. That cushion will look different for everyone, depending if there is another income for the household.
- Make sure you have a support system for this transition. Whether it be locally with your family and friends or in Facebook Groups.
How to Find Out What Skills Are Marketable
- Ask your family and close friends what they see in you that you are good at.
- Make a list of 5 things, that if money was no object, you would do for free.
How to Build a Plan and Support System
- Decide what you want to learn.
- Find a person or a small group of people that are a few steps ahead of you doing what you want to be doing. This can easily be found in Facebook Groups.
- Ask them what they did to get to where they are. Implement their advice.
- Join Facebook Groups and be resourceful. Answer questions, offer advice, support other people.
- Reach out to people you know in real life and be resourceful to them. See if you can help them in any way.
- Create a plan with your strategy of what you’re going to do and present it to your spouse. Decide how much financial cushion you are going to set aside and how many months you are going to try before calling it quits.
- If you are working a 9-5, you can work in the evenings and weekends. This is called “moonlighting your business” or a “side hustle.”
Hardest Decision To Make as a Mom
- Deciding where she needed to divert her attention when her daughter was born (who was also in the NICU)… but this time she had a two-year-old that wanted and needed attention. That’s when she learned she needed to ask for help.
A-Ha Moment About Parenting
- Forgiveness is something we need to do often. There are shortfalls throughout the day that can add up to a lot of mom guilt for trying to be everything to everybody. Give yourself grace.
Most Excited About
- Her husband is leaving his 9-5 and working full time at home with her on her business and raising the babes.
What better way to start your new VA career than with a training that is FREE and also teaches you how to launch it with $0! This gift is not be missed!
Type in your email below and we’ll send it right over. You’ll also be joining both of our lists so you can receive even more goodies!
Mama Has a Minute
- Favorite form of self-care: Taking a nap.
- Best parenting advice ever received: It’s OK to not enjoy every stage.
- Share your favorite parenting hack: Give yourself grace.
- Recommend one product your children cannot live without: Sound machine!
- Share your favorite book and why: Creativity For Everybody because creativity is important for business and in life.
- What motherhood means to you: Motherhood is everything. It helps you grow in ways you never thought were possible.
Freebies From Us
- Join our Facebook Community
- If you’re living in Tantrumville with your toddler, you definitely need the Top 5 Tips to Hitting The Pause Button on Temper Tantrum
- Download our FREE Worried Mama’s Guide to Baby Milestones
- FREE Masterclass on getting rid of mom guilt when it coems to your finances.
- Learn to become an even more mindful mama without having to go to a yoga class or spend 30 minutes meditating with this free guide.