Being Okay With Being a Messy Mom with Amie Jay
Mom to 3 Messketeers, Amie Jay is often labeled a “mommy blogger,” but that has never felt right to her. Because as much as she loves being a mom, she doesn’t want to be defined by it.
Amie wants to connect with people. Talk about “people’ things, outside of Saturday morning activities you can do with your kids while laying down. She wants to engage with beautiful hearts, whether they have children or not.
And she wants to start acknowledging how similar we all are, instead of picking ourselves and each other apart because of our differences.
She is a writer.
She is a weirdo.
She is a mom.
And her soul vibes are powerful.
The Unspoken Topic
- We are all doing our best and we all deserve to be accepted and appreciated and we are not alone. We are all going through the same thing, even if it looks different.
What We Cover
- Her own struggle with self-acceptance and mom guilt.
- How community is everything for moms
- How to be most productive at home with kids.
Take a Listen >>
- We are coming into a new place as women where we uplift and support each other.
- We never go back to the woman we were before having kids. The “should” in our heads keeps us thinking “we aren not good enough.”
- Set aside some time for yourself that is non-negotiable so you can respect and like your life.
How to Be Productive
- Put the phone down when the kids are home from school and work when they are not home.
Hardest Decision To Make as a Mom
- Sending her youngest to preschool before he was 3.
A-Ha Moment About Parenting
- The dirt and the dishes are patient. Rest and enjoy your children!
Mama Has a Minute
- Favorite form of self-care: Pedicures.
- Best parenting advice ever received: The dirt and the dishes are patient.
- Share your favorite parenting hack: Distraction techniques.
- Recommend one product your children cannot live without: The bibs that hold food in them.
- Share your favorite book and why: The Happiness Bucket.
- What motherhood means to you: Motherhood is super enriching role that has added to her life- it didn’t take over but she cherishes it for its purpose and inspiration.
Freebies From Us
- Join our Facebook Community
- If you’re living in Tantrumville with your toddler, you definitely need the Top 5 Tips to Hitting The Pause Button on Temper Tantrum
- Download our FREE Worried Mama’s Guide to Baby Milestones
- FREE Masterclass on getting rid of mom guilt when it coems to your finances.
- Learn to become an even more mindful mama without having to go to a yoga class or spend 30 minutes meditating with this free guide.