How Strength Training Does To Your Body with Angela Little
Angela Little is the brains behind Strong Women Fitness. At 42, and after having her 4th child, she declared that she would no longer put up with being flabby, frumpy or mummy.
So her fitness journey began, which led her to become a successful fitness model competing in numerous titles in amateur and pro divisions.
Angela won her trophies, gained a pro card and ended up the “European Overall Pro Winner,” beating out all the young ladies and to this day, is the “oldest female” to do so.
After competing and being constantly asked about her journey and what it takes to do what she did, Angela started helping women get back into shape to regain their confidence.
She realized how rewarding that was, so she put together all her knowledge and expertise into creating Strong Women Fitness, which she says is like her female family.
The Unspoken Topic
- Lots of women are afraid of the weight section in the gym, but that’s where the magic happens.
What We Cover
- The secret to gaining muscle and burning calories all day.
- How to overcome the naysayer in your brain.
- A plan to get busy moms moving throughout the day.
Take a Listen >>
- The way to gain muscle is through lifting weights, so don’t be afraid of it.
- Toning up means gaining muscle.
- The more muscle you gain, the more you can eat.
- The fitness industry is filled with misinformation. Typically it is said that the men do the weigh training and the women do the cardio.
- Your metabolism slows down as you get older, so muscle is important so you keep your metabolism revved up.
- Your metabolism also slows down when you don’t eat because your body holds onto fat, since it doesn’t know when it’s going to be fed again.
- Don’t take out carbs or fats because you’ll still have a problem with them when you reintroduce them. Rather, learn how to eat with them. Always include a protein source with your meals so you can actually stay full.
- Moms especially, need well-balanced meals so you have the energy to do all you need to do.
- Find someone you look up to who is pretty genuine in the industry that can break down how to get started.
How a Busy Mama Can Get Moving
- Have a word with yourself and tell yourself that it’s important for you to take care of you and your family. Set a good example for your children.
- Wake up, go outside with your babe for 20 minutes. That will get your metabolism going.
- Do the same in the evening.
- Do your best to prepare meals ahead of time, 2 or 3 times a week. That way you have healthy food on hand to eat.
- Schedule times that you are going to commit to eating these meals. Angela suggest 8am, 11am, 2p, 5p, protein shake before bed.
- Meals are to be whole foods with a protein like chicken or salmon, loads of fresh veggies and carbs. Tofu and plant-based proteins are also great.
How to Overcome The Naysayer In Your Head
- Set some goals. How much do you want to weigh? How often do you want to work out? How much weight do you want to lift?
- Come up with a game plan on how you’re going to accomplish it. What days and times a week? Where are you going to workout? How long are you going to workout? How are you taking care of child care?
- Think about the things that have tripped you up in the past and figure out ways to not let them stop you this time. Figure out solutions.
- Be kind to yourself and believe in yourself.
- Move on and continue on that goal. Don’t stop!
- Meditate for 5 minutes every day. Think of your thoughts as if they are on a cloud. Decide what you want to let go of, and what you want to hold onto.
Hardest Decision To Make as a Mom
- Two of her children have special needs, and having to make the decision to medicate one of them, despite her being against medication and leaning more on the natural side of doing things. But this decision was the best for him, as it gave him a life he could live.
A-Ha Moment About Parenting
- Choose your battles. You can’t win them all.
Most Excited About
- Launching a new program tailor-made for people who are just beginning their fitness journey. It is a 14-day program with a workbook where you’ll get to set goals at every stage, etc.
Building a new habit takes a lot of work and consistency. Angela has put together this incredible E-Book to teach you exactly how to build a new habit. Type in your email address and you’ll receive instant access! You’ll also be opting into both of our email lists so you can receive even more goodies!
Mama Has a Minute
- Favorite form of self-care: Meditation.
- Best parenting advice ever received: Go with your instinct.
- Share your favorite parenting hack:Stop controlling everything.
- Recommend one product your children cannot live without: Trampoline.
- Share your favorite book and why: The Conscious Parent because it transforms ourselves and empower children.
- What motherhood means to you: Motherhood is her world, her life blood, it’s who she is.
Freebies From Us
- Join our Facebook Community
- If you’re living in Tantrumville with your toddler, you definitely need the Top 5 Tips to Hitting The Pause Button on Temper Tantrum
- Download our FREE Worried Mama’s Guide to Baby Milestones
- FREE Masterclass on getting rid of mom guilt when it comes to your finances.
- Learn to become an even more mindful mama without having to go to a yoga class or spend 30 minutes meditating with this free guide.