How to Live a Life with Healthy Boundaries with Dr. Ashurina Ream
Dr. Ashurina Ream is a licensed clinical psychologist and perinatal mental health specialist.
Her passion for this population arose after becoming a mother herself. She recognized the limited support and education in the community regarding the care for women.
This resulted in her pursuing additional education as well as creating resources for those impacted by perinatal mood and anxiety disorders.
The Unspoken Topic
- The myth is that we should always be giving everything of ourselves and have no needs or boundaries to be a good mom or woman. Boundaries are where I end and you begin. We are the gatekeeper and owner of ours.
What We Cover
- How to tell where to set a boundary.
- Setting boundaries in a loving way.
- What to do if someone is having a hard time respecting your boundaries.
Take a Listen >>
- Setting boundaries with children is what makes us great parents.
- Own your needs. That is where the boundary begins.
- Understanding it doesn’t always look perfect when you set a boundary.
- People usually push back when a boundary is set. That is normal.
- A boundary can be set by just saying NO. No need for an explaination.
How to Identify Where a Boundary Needs to Be
- Do feel like you are living in chaos?
- Where do you have a lot of regrets?
- Where do you feel burnt out or over-extended?
- In what situations do you feel the need to please someone?
- Who’s happiness is more important than yours?
- When you say, do you have resentment for it?
Decision to Make as a Mom
- Sending her son back to preschool during COVID. She wanted someone to tell her it was going to be safe.
What’s it Like Living and Working Through COVID
- She realized she cannot be the supporter of every single person because she’s also a mom and is overwhelmed over the pandemic, too.
What She’s Most Excited About
- Creating new memories with her family and the relaunch of her course.
Mama Has a Minute
- Favorite form of self-care: Peloton.
- Best parenting advice ever received: You can change your mind.
- Parenting Hack: Get your child involved in whatever you’re doing.
- Product Child cannot live without: Fire truck.
- Share 1 book: Self-Compassion.
- What motherhood means to you: Motherhood is constantly growing and learning. It’s giving and receiving. It’s part of me but it’s not all of me.
Freebies From Us at Raising Children You Like
- Join our Facebook Community
- If you’re looking for a more peaceful home, get the 5 Tips to Pause a Tantrum.
- Download The 5 Screen Time Mistakess if you’re looking to maximize screen time with your tot.
- Join The FREE Masterclass on learning to stay present and unruffled during your child’s tantrum with these 3 Secrets.