Activities To Do With Your Child That Don't Require Toys with Ayelet Marinovich
Ayelet is a pediatric speech-language pathologist, parent educator, singer, and mother based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
She is the founder and host of Learn with Less, where she provides families with the confidence to raise a great human from day one- without having to be a single toy.
She is also the creator of the Learn with Less Curriculum, the basis for which is outlined in her bestselling books, Understanding Your Baby and Understanding Your Toddler.
Her current passions include spending time with her family, dismantling the baby industry, and creating communities of support for families of young children and infants and toddlers of all developmental levels.
The Unspoken Topic
- There’s no secret trick to supporting a child in development. Integrate play, talk, singing and movement.
What We Cover
- Ayelet walks us through step-by-step interactions we have with our children every day and where we can insert learning and bonding moments.
- She shares how we can use things we have in our house as engagement and learning tools.
- Ayelet also shares milestones you may be looking forward to, to see if your child is on track.
Take a Listen >>
- When you step back and see what you what your child is interested in, use that as a learning opportunity, or an opportunity to connect with them.
- Narrate what they are doing, or make a silly noise when you’re putting on a sock to bring more joy into the moment.
- Movement is learning. Movement is life.
- Just because you follow your child’s lead doesn’t mean they rule the roost.
- Children need to push boundaries so they can know where the boundary is.
- Children naturally learn through their surroundings. You don’t need flash cards in order to teach them about colors. You just need to talk to them.
- Kids learn holistically in the early years.
How to Relieve Mom Guilt
- Whenever you’re feeling mom guilt think about how you engage more with your child.
- Choose between movement, singing, talking or playing with them.
- Put on a song and dance.
- Make a silly noise when you open the door.
- Get on the floor and play with them.
- Sing while you make lunch.
What You’re Doing Differently Than Your Parents
Ayelet is working on being a more Authoritative Parent rather than an Authoritarian.
Ayelet’s Gift For You
How amazing is Ayelet’s guide to help with your infant and toddler’s development.
Mama Has a Minute
- Favorite form of self-care: Legree.
- What is the best parenting advice you’ve ever received: Don’t listen to other people’s parenting advice.
- Share your favorite parenting hack: Batch cook and freeze meals.
- Share 1 product your children cannot live without: Salad spinner.
- Share 1 book and why: Bear on a Bike.
- What motherhood means to you: Motherhood is trying to be your best self through the eyes of her children.
Freebies From Us
- Join our Facebook Community
- If you’re living in Tantrumville with your toddler, you definitely need the Top 5 Tips to Hitting The Pause Button on Temper Tantrum
- Download our FREE Worried Mama’s Guide to Baby Milestones
- FREE Masterclass on getting rid of mom guilt when it coems to your finances.
- Learn to become an even more mindful mama without having to go to a yoga class or spend 30 minutes meditating with this free guide.