Holistic Integrative Pediatrician Spills the Tea for Keeping Our Children Healthy with Dr. Elisa Song
Dr. Elisa Song is a holistic pediatric functional medicine expert and mama to 2 crazy fun kids.
In her integrative pediatric practice Whole Family Wellness, she’s helped 1000’s of kids get to the root causes of their health concerns and helped their parents understand how to help their children thrive- body, mind and spirit- by integrating conventional pediatrics with functional medicine, homeopathy, acupuncture, herbal medicine and essential oils.
Dr. Song created Healthy Kids Happy Kids to share her advice and adventures as a holistic pediatrician and mama.
The Unspoken Topic
- As moms, we can take charge of our children’s health. With the right tools, chronic childhood disease is preventable and reversible.
What We Cover
- How to identify the root cause of a problem and how to fix it.
- What supplements to take for treating eczema.
- How to build immunity during the pandemic.
Take a Listen >>
- Fermented foods are important to keep the microbiome in your gut healthy.
- Moms have power. Moms make a difference in their children’s health. That power starts with knowledge.
- For new babies born during the pandemic who are not getting enough exposure to germs because they are stuck indoors, share your own germs with them. Kiss, touch, play in the dirt, expose them to soil. If you have a small pod, that helps, too!
How to Practice Preventative Methods to Keep Your Children Healthy.
- STEP ONE: Support their gut health which is the heart of the immune and nervous systems.
- Take a probiotic and start incorporating fermented foods. Focus on whole foods, cruciferous veggies, onions and garlic.
- STEP TWO: Take supplements to build immunity and cellular resilience.
- Vitamin D for overall health. Normal Vitamin D blood level is 20-100ng/ml. Babies: 400 IU per day. Adults: 1000 IU per 25lbs of body weight, cap at 5000 IU.
- STEP THREE: Fill up on Zinc. You can find it in animal proteins, pumpkin seeds, shellfish, or take a supplement.
Hardest Decision to Make as a Mom
- The most frightening experience she’s ever had as a mom is when her children both had COVID at the beginning of the pandemic. In March there was little information out. Both children had different symptoms. Her son was hospitalized and it was really scary.
Elisa’s Gift For You
Oooh this gift is so so so amazing!
Mama Has a Minute
- Favorite form of self-care: Waking up before everyone and having 5 minutes of meditation.
- Best parenting advice ever received: Be the adult you want your kids to become.
- Parenting Hack: Embody the power of the pause.
- Product Child cannot live without: Trampoline with the netting.
- Share 1 book: How to Raise an Adult.
- What motherhood means to you: Motherhood means really being able to be in the moment, celebrate the highs and acknowledge the lows and really create opportunities out of every moment.
Freebies From Us at Raising Children You Like
- Join our Facebook Community
- If you’re looking for a more peaceful home, get the 5 Tips to Pause a Tantrum.
- Download The 5 Screen Time Mistakess if you’re looking to maximize screen time with your tot.
- Join The FREE Masterclass on learning to stay present and unruffled during your child’s tantrum with these 3 Secrets.