Overcoming Complications in Your Pregnancy with Parijat Deshpande
Parijat is the leading high-risk pregnancy expert, mind-body health specialist, trauma professional, speaker and author who teaches women how to deactivate their stress response, during and after a high-risk pregnancy so they can give their baby a strong start to life.
Her unique approach has served hundreds of women to manage pregnancy complications and reclaim a safety and trust in their bodies that they thought was eroded forever.
Parijat is the author of the bestselling book Pregnancy Brain: a Mind-Body Approach to Stress Management During a High-Risk Pregnancy.
She is also the host of the popular podcast Delivery Miracles, that discusses the real, raw side of family-building including infertility, loss, high-risk pregnancy, bed rest, prematurity and healing once baby comes home.
The Unspoken Topic
- There is so much power built into our bodies than we are made to believe. Especially as women who are trying to conceive a child.
What We Cover
- How to reconnect with your body.
- The secret to getting your body to relax during contractions.
- How trauma can show up in your life in ways you don’t always understand- and what you can do about it.
Take a Listen >>
- When you relax during contractions, the contractions also relax.
- Remember that power doesn’t dictate the outcome.
- We are trying to maximize the outcome of a pregnancy- it’s simply biology.
- Recognize and believe that your body is doing the best it can. Your body is working for you, not against you.
- Just because your body is doing its best, it doesn’t necessarily mean it will give you your ideal outcome. Complications are still going to occur, but just trust that your body is doing its best.
- Trust your body and trust yourself. You can’t hear that enough.
- Learning how to feel your body is essential because when something fails you, you tend to detach from that connection in order to keep yourself safe.
- You can’t force trust.
- If you have a fear during labor and delivery, it can prolong the birthing process.
- As we get older, we become more cognitive-focused which is why we lose sight of some of our sensations.
How To Reconnect With Your Body
- Start noticing sensations again. Notice what you are tasting, smelling and holding. Notice the sounds around you.
- This will reconnect you on your neurological level.
- After that, begin noticing body sensations like your stomach rumbling or bladder full.
When It Comes to Parenting, What Are You Doing Differently Than Your Parents?
- Naming feelings and body sensations.
What is The Greatest Awakening of Your Life?
- Motherhood! It’s been something that has completely opened her up and made her grow in unimaginable ways.
Most Excited About
- They are done growing their family and knowing they got their 2 babies, they can just live their lives with peace and tranquility.
Your Gift From Parijat
How many times have you been waiting to see the doctor to ask them so many questions, and then the day finally comes and you have completely forgotten all the things you wanted to ask?!
Mama Has a Minute
- Favorite form of self-care: Sleep.
- What is the best parenting advice you’ve ever received: Your child is your mirror.
- Share your favorite parenting hack: Prep lunch and meals on the weekends.
- Share 1 product your children cannot live without: Cheese.
- Share 1 book and why: Year of Yes by Shonda Rhimes because its empowering on how to expand your mindset of what is possible even when things are going crazy.
- What motherhood means to you: Motherhood is such a gift and the greatest personal growth journey she has ever been on.
Freebies From Us
- Join our Facebook Community
- If you’re living in Tantrumville with your toddler, you definitely need the Top 5 Tips to Hitting The Pause Button on Temper Tantrum
- Download our FREE Worried Mama’s Guide to Baby Milestones
- FREE Masterclass on getting rid of mom guilt when it coems to your finances.
- Learn to become an even more mindful mama without having to go to a yoga class or spend 30 minutes meditating with this free guide.