Choosing to Be a Single Parent with Cathy Park and Toni Jacalone
Cathy is a single mother by choice to a mostly sweet and mostly feral little boy.
After finding herself divorced at 37, Toni Jacalone decided to become a Single Mother By Choice (SMC) which has led her to work with SMC’s in her private practice as a dietician.
The Unspoken Topic
- You don’t need to have a partner to become a parent. If it is something that is calling you to do, there is support groups and resources available to make it happen.
What We Cover
- How to find a sperm donor in the 21st century.
- What you need to have in place before becoming pregnant as a single mother.
- The 2 different paths Cathy and Toni have taken in the Single Mother by Choice journey.
Take a Listen >>
- You can freeze embryos instead of eggs because they thaw better and you generally have a better outcome.
- Sperm banks have a rolodex of men you can choose from just like a dating site.
- The exhaustion is real when you are a single parent because there is no one to tap-out to.
- Building a village is important because you teach your child to be in relationship with other people.
- There are tons of support groups for choice motherhood.
- Research all doctors and find the one right for YOU.
- Financially, it’s a big hit.
How to Start the Choice Motherhood Path
STEP ONE: Research.
- Research all the doctors and make sure they will fit into your personality.
- Track your cycle for at least 3 months to have a baseline to where to jump off from when you find your medical team.
- Kids are no joke expensive even BEFORE they’re born. Make sure you have a financial plan in place to know how you will navigate this journey.
STEP FOUR: Build Your Village.
- Join a support group of women who are on the same journey so you can connect whenever you need some extra support.
Toni’s Gift For You
Oooh this gift is so so so amazing!
Freebies From Us at Raising Children You Like
- Join our Facebook Community
- If you’re looking for a more peaceful home, get the 5 Tips to Pause a Tantrum.
- Download The 5 Screen Time Mistakess if you’re looking to maximize screen time with your tot.
- Join The FREE Masterclass on learning to stay present and unruffled during your child’s tantrum with these 3 Secrets.