Rediscovering Great Sex After Baby with Dr. Christina Stein
Dr. Christina Stein is a Clinical Sexologist and Marriage and Family Therapist with a private practice in Santa Monica, CA.
Christina is passionate about empowering women, especially mothers, and helping couples reinvigorate their sex lives.
She is a mother of 3 and knows both personally and professionally what it takes to stay connected to yourself and your partner.
She works with individuals and couples in her practice, does post-baby sexual wellness consultations, and hosts a monthly workshop called The Joy of Sexy- designed to teach women about pleasure, how their bodies work and explore all the feelings that come up around desire and partnership.
The Unspoken Topic
- Having a conversation with your partner about how a woman’s body has changed is essential to a great sex life. This is the starting point of rediscovering what feels good to you.
What We Cover
- How to get out of your mom brain and into your body in order for you to have great sex.
- Discuss the difference between men and women when it comes to intimacy.
- Tips on how to have a conversation with your partner about sex after baby.
Take a Listen >>
- Other countries, like Europe have a built-in system where the men learn about what has happened to the woman’s body on a physical level after having a child.
- The foreplay that worked before having a baby may not feel the same after having a baby.
- Having a discussion and then exploring what feels good for you is essential.
- Men love to be touched physically, so if they are feeling disconnected, start there.
- Women have a responsive desire and men have a spontaneous desire when it comes to sex.
- Spontaneous desire is when one can have a sexual thought and can become immediately aroused.
- Responsive desire is when you need some time to wind down, clear your head in order to become receptive to becoming sexual.
- Women also have an erectile system. But with women, it needs to be turned on through foreplay. If we don’t have the proper amount of foreplay, sex may not be enjoyable.
- It’s important for women to have a healthy sex life because it makes us more confident which then allows us to enjoy our lives more.
- Have a weekly date night with your partner to continue the connection on a regular basis.
How to Have Dialogue About Sex With Your Partner
- Turn it into something playful.
- Define sex by 3 separate foods you both enjoy.
- 1 can be quick and simple
- 2 can be one that sustains you but it’s not a full course.
- 3 can be long and pleasurable.
How to Turn Off Your Brain For Sex
- Lock the doors so your kiddos don’t barge in.
- Wear a blindfold. When you turn off your sense of vision, it helps get you back into your body.
- When she became a mom, she lost herself in motherhood. She had to learn the hard way to invest in herself and learn to juggle work and parenting without the guilt of missing things.
A-Ha About Parenting
- Trust your instincts and you know your child best. Don’t compare your parenting style with anyone elses. Find what works for you and stick to it.
Most Excited About
- Mind-body wellness and integrating that into her practice.
Your Gift From Christina
Ummm… these posters of our lady parts and different arousal techniques are amazing and totally helpful! Let us know how they work for you!
Mama Has a Minute
- Favorite form of self-care: Massage.
- What is the best parenting advice you’ve ever received: If something is working, it’s not a problem.
- Share your favorite parenting hack: Consistent morning and evening routines.
- Share 1 product your children cannot live without: Ergo Baby.
- Share 1 book and why: Vagina and The 5 Love Languages
- What motherhood means to you: Motherhood is everything. She loves her work but her kids are her life. Every day and every experience is a gift.
Freebies From Us
- Join our Facebook Community
- If you’re living in Tantrumville with your toddler, you definitely need the Top 5 Tips to Hitting The Pause Button on Temper Tantrum
- Download our FREE Worried Mama’s Guide to Baby Milestones
- FREE Masterclass on getting rid of mom guilt when it coems to your finances.
- Learn to become an even more mindful mama without having to go to a yoga class or spend 30 minutes meditating with this free guide.