An Inside Look Into the Fatherhood Journey with Clint Edwards
Clint Edwards is the creator of the daddy blog No Idea What I’m Doing and author of “I’m Sorry… Love, Your Husband,” “Silence is a Scary Sound,” and “Father-Ish.”
He is a staff writer for Scary Mommy and a parenting contributor to the New York Times and The Washington Post.
The Unspoken Topic
- Allow your spouse to do the things the way they do them, even if you have a different way or preference. It really doesn’t matter, as long as it gets done and isn’t harming anyone.
What We Cover
- Reflections of a dad’s experience.
- Debunk limiting beliefs about messy households.
- How to divvy up household responsibilities that don’t create problems in your marriage
Take a Listen >>
- Whoever is doing the job should be the person who chooses how it gets done.
- If your spouse is up for cleaning something, let them do it the way they are going to do it. Give them that space. Just let it get done.
- Clint brings awareness through reflections that debunk the old limiting belief that if the house is a “mess,” it means a bad mother or bad parenting. There is much more we should be consumed by when it comes to raising children, and not the dishes.
Hardest Decision to Make As a Dad
- Getting a vasectomy.
Most Excited About
- New book coming out October 20th and he gets to be the audiobook narrator!
Dada Has a Minute
- Favorite form of self-care: Cycling.
- What is the best parenting advice you’ve ever received: If you want to be a good parent, you need to love your spouse and your kids need to see it and know it.
- Share your favorite parenting hack: Screen time. And to make screen time currency. They earn every hour of screen time from doing chores, etc.
- Share 1 product your children cannot live without: Wifi.
- Share 1 book: “I’m Sorry.. Love, Your Husband.”
- What fatherhood means to you: Fatherhood is really loving your kids and being interested in them.
Freebies From Us
- Join our Facebook Community
- If you’re living in Tantrumville with your toddler, you definitely need the Top 5 Tips to Hitting The Pause Button on Temper Tantrum
- Download our FREE Worried Mama’s Guide to Baby Milestones
- FREE Masterclass on getting rid of mom guilt when it coems to your finances.
- Learn to become an even more mindful mama without having to go to a yoga class or spend 30 minutes meditating with this free guide.