How to Stop Dieting and Beating Yourself Up with Dana Barron
Dana Barron is a holistic and intuitive eating coach and Co-Founder of Wellness Lately, a global brand dedicated to helping women stop dieting, beating themselves up and hating their bodies.
Through her podcast, coaching programs and live events, she delivers useful and actionable information to help women break out of the diet cycle and live more empowered, confident lives.
The Unspoken Topic
- Being at peace is more important than being the tiniest version of yourself. And in order to do that, you’ve got to put your obsession with weight to the side.
What We Cover
- How to release that diet obsession for a healthy version of you.
- How to start eating intuitively rather than by rules and restrictions.
- What work needs to be done to help pass healthy messaging to your children about body size, self-worth and deep acceptance.
Take a Listen >>
- Intuitive eating is a way of life that starts in childhood.
- Intuitive eating means not listening to the outside rules or wellness experts, because when you listen to them, you block your body’s internal wisdom of knowing when to eat, what to eat and how much.
- When you quit dieting, you take much better care of yourself.
- Taking care of yourself is how you don’t pass down the struggles with weight onto your children.
- When you focus on intuitive eating, your well being improves and it doesn’t matter if your weight changes or not.
How to Tune-In and Let Go
- First, get clear in your own life. What is dieting costing you? In your confidence, in your relationships, in your success?
- Get rid of all the rules. Stop the cleanses, the “lifestyles” and the diets.
- Eat what you want and observe how you feel.
Hardest Decision Made as a Mom
Giving up breastfeeding because it wasn’t working after she had a breast reduction when she was younger.
A Typical Day In The Life
She wakes up at 6am to work on her mindset exercises. At 7:30am her oldest wakes up for breakfast. At 8am her baby wakes up. She gets them ready for school. Then doesn’t sit down until about 6:30pm for a family dinner. Puts the kids to bed and then relaxes with her husband.
What Are You Most Excited About
Dana’s Gift For You
Oooh mama, this is not to be missed! Get yo self-care on!
Mama Has a Minute
- Favorite form of self-care: Journaling.
- What is the best parenting advice you’ve ever received: Society will never let you get it right as a woman, so follow your gut when it comes to making decisions for your family.
- Share your favorite parenting hack: 12 Hours Sleep by 12 Weeks Old- a book about sleep and asking redirection questions to her toddler.
- Share 1 product your children cannot live without: Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood.
- Share 1 book and why: Man Search For Meaning because it’s about seeking purpose and how that creates the life you want.
- What motherhood means to you: Motherhood is creating and nurturing the human race so you can leave it better than once before.
Freebies From Us
- Join our Facebook Community
- If you’re living in Tantrumville with your toddler, you definitely need the Top 5 Tips to Hitting The Pause Button on Temper Tantrum
- Download our FREE Worried Mama’s Guide to Baby Milestones
- FREE Masterclass on getting rid of mom guilt when it coems to your finances.
- Learn to become an even more mindful mama without having to go to a yoga class or spend 30 minutes meditating with this free guide.