Blended Family and Step-Parenting Tips with Dawn Krieger
Dawn Krieger is a wife, mom, and step-mom to a beautiful blended family and also a Transformational Life and Business Coach since 2010.
Her career in service started as a Social Worker after graduating from Penn State University.
After six years, she began to get disenchanted with the system of change in place, which felt dis-empowering instead of empowering.
She realized that to be of service to others, she had to do her own work towards feeling empowered and ended up attending the University of Santa Monica to get her Masters in Spiritual Psychology.
She coaches men, women, young adults, business owners, business executives, doctors, and anyone open to being led back to their own personal wisdom and freedom.
The Unspoken Topic
- It’s OK to have a different relationship between your biological kids and your step-kids. Your innate wisdom will guide you into how those relationships will form. Learn to trust it.
What We Cover
- How to reconnect to your internal wisdom.
- Creative ways to keeping your sex life alive.
- How to be a blended family.
Take a Listen >>
- Being a stepmother is a beautiful experience.
- You experience internal chaos when you start a blended family because you put expectations on your relationships.
- Remind yourself that the chaos is only within you and to trust the process of your relationships. Not taking things personally is key.
- Establish a great foundation with your partner so you are able to communicate well and set the proper boundaries.
- When you believe your thinking is always true, there is no room for growth.
- When you take care of yourself (like napping when you’re tired), you are able to see solutions and see how you are showing up to your relationships.
- Looking to make big shifts can stifle your growth or ability to take action. Instead, just take a deep breath and think about the next step. Only focus on getting to the next step. That will build momentum.
How To Blend a Family
- Take the pressure off that it has to be or feel perfect. Only focus on the kids feeling loved and nurtured by you.
- Let it unfold naturally.
- Don’t take your kid’s behavior personally. Their behavior has nothing to do with you. They are processing and experiencing their own lives.
How To Change Your Thought Process
- Become suspicious about your thinking.
- Where is that thought leading you? Is it leading you closer to your truth or farther away from it?
- Continue looking in the direction of your truth.
- Leaving her first husband when her daughter was a year and a half.
How You Keep Your Sex Life Alive
- Short getaways to keep refueling the relationship. Having conversations about how to keep things playful between them.
Most Excited About
- Letting her coaching practice become whatever it’s supposed to become. There is a lot of possibility in uncertainty.
Your Gift From Dawn
We cannot believe Dawn is gifting a 90-minute coaching session with her! Get on it!! This is not to be missed!
Mama Has a Minute
- Favorite form of self-care: Baths.
- What is the best parenting advice you’ve ever received: Don’t take things personally. .
- Share your favorite parenting hack: Parenting timeout..
- Share 1 product your children cannot live without: Electronics.
- Share 1 book and why: The Relationship Handbook by George Pransky because it’s great for any relationships you have.
- What motherhood means to you: Motherhood is the best way to express her love and nurturing energy and is the greatest gift she has ever been gifted.
Freebies From Us
- Join our Facebook Community
- If you’re living in Tantrumville with your toddler, you definitely need the Top 5 Tips to Hitting The Pause Button on Temper Tantrum
- Download our FREE Worried Mama’s Guide to Baby Milestones
- FREE Masterclass on getting rid of mom guilt when it coems to your finances.
- Learn to become an even more mindful mama without having to go to a yoga class or spend 30 minutes meditating with this free guide.