Self-Care Hacks for Moms Who Don’t Have Time with Deanna Schober
Deanna Schober is a mom of 4 and founder of Elevate Moms Lifestyle Design, where she helps moms learn to thrive instead of just survive their days.
The Unspoken Topic
- When we need to take care of ourselves, it doesn’t have to be all or nothing. Self-care isn’t just leaving for the whole day. Self-Care can be done in small gestures. It’s about putting yourself first.
What We Cover
- How to figure out which activities give you the most energy.
- What self-care truly is.
- What it’s like being a mom with a child with disabilities.
Take a Listen >>
- Make sure to not tell yourself that you what you need can wait. Because it can’t.
- Find the things that give you the most energy in the least amount of time.
- The mindset shift is the most important part of self-care because you can muscle through the self-care activity without actually nourishing yourself.
- A good mantra for a mindset shift is, “I deserve to feel better.”
- You are a much better mom when you take care of yourself.
- Anytime you feel resentful means there is a lack of a boundary.
How to Prioritize Energy-Inducing Tasks
- Make a list of the activities that you do.
- Rate them from 1-10. 10 being the ones that give you the most energy. 1 being the least.
- Typically, exercise, sleep, eating well all give you a great ROI of your energy.
- Do as many of the activities that you rate 10, or as close to a 10.
What You’re Doing Differently Than Your Parents
Family dinner is a time to connect. She makes it a goal to connect for 20-25 minute uninterrupted with her children so nothing will get past her of what’s going on with them.
How to Keep The Connection With Spouse
She and her husband work from home so early on, her mother-in-law agreed to come over Wednesday nights to watch the babes. So Wednesday is their date night where they don’t talk about work and they just check-in on each other.
What Are You Most Excited About
Deprogramming the diet culture for moms and helping them with their self-care.
Deanna’s Gift For You
Oooh mama, this is not to be missed! Get yo self-care on!
Mama Has a Minute
- Favorite form of self-care: Exercising with a friend.
- What is the best parenting advice you’ve ever received: Being a living example is better than lectures.
- Share your favorite parenting hack: Take care of yourself first.
- Share 1 product your children cannot live without: LEGO’s
- Share 1 book and why: The Power of Now
- What motherhood means to you: Motherhood is an amazing opportunity for self-growth and self-awareness.
Freebies From Us
- Join our Facebook Community
- If you’re living in Tantrumville with your toddler, you definitely need the Top 5 Tips to Hitting The Pause Button on Temper Tantrum
- Download our FREE Worried Mama’s Guide to Baby Milestones
- FREE Masterclass on getting rid of mom guilt when it coems to your finances.
- Learn to become an even more mindful mama without having to go to a yoga class or spend 30 minutes meditating with this free guide.