Tips on Living a Minimalist Lifestyle During Social Distancing with Desirae Endres
Desirae is a mom, wife, host of the Minimal-sh podcast, and a former classroom teacher turned work at home mom.
Her goal is to give women the tools they need to dive into the version of realistic minimalism that fits their family best and to live more intentionally, focused on what matters to them.
She spends her days in Pittsburgh, PA with her tooddler, husband, and golden doodle pup- enjoying the people she loves and the work she feels called to do.
The Unspoken Topic
- Minimalism is for moms and it does work for moms- you just need to define it for yourself.
What We Cover
- Desirae shares concrete and practical ways you can declutter your home.
- She shares how you can customize minimalism for it to work for your family.
- How to be more energetic with less.
Take a Listen >>
- Minimalism is just living with less.
- Some people like the list of rules, but it can be anything you want it to be.
- The perk of living with less stuff is that it allows room for you to fill your life with other things you enjoy.
- Minimalism is also like essentialism.
- Asking yourself why you have all the things you do in your home open up greater discussions about why you do the things you do. Why do you pack your schedule the way you do?
- As soon as you declutter your home, you get a huge weight lifted off because it helps you focus.
- Visual clutter can stress you out.
- A mind of abundance is a great mindset for when dealing with toddler items.
- Work with the space you have and trust that whoever you need, you’ll receive when the time comes for that item.
How to Declutter Your Home
- Start in a room you can do from start to finish in a time frame. Like during one of your child’s naps, or if you can do a drawer in 30 minutes.
- You can also start a pain-point in your house- like your closet.
- Make 4 piles: Keep. Donate. Sell. Trash.
- If you are overhauling your entire house, you can do without the Sell pile to keep it simple.
- Get to work!
How To Stay in Alignment
Check yourself on the deadlines your putting on yourself of filling up your calendar. Keep a gage on how you’re feeling. Choose gratitude over guilt.
A-Ha in Parenting
- She will be a happier mom if she gets time to herself. She wakes up earlier than her family to get that time and its changed everything.
Most Excited About
- Crafting resources for podcasters.
Desirae’s Gift For You
How amazing to be gifted a guide on how to start decluttering your home! We are so excited for you to take advantage of this.
Mama Has a Minute
- Favorite form of self-care: Reading
- What is the best parenting advice you’ve ever received: Don’t stress about things so much.
- Share your favorite parenting hack: Waking up earlier than her child.
- Share 1 product your children cannot live without: Toy Kitchen.
- Share 1 book and why: Present Over Perfect because it changed her mind about all of the things and introduced her into minimalism without using that word.
- What motherhood means to you: Motherhood taught her how to love herself better and has given her the abundant ability to love more than she thought she could.
Freebies From Us
- Join our Facebook Community
- If you’re living in Tantrumville with your toddler, you definitely need the Top 5 Tips to Hitting The Pause Button on Temper Tantrum
- Download our FREE Worried Mama’s Guide to Baby Milestones
- FREE Masterclass on getting rid of mom guilt when it coems to your finances.
- Learn to become an even more mindful mama without having to go to a yoga class or spend 30 minutes meditating with this free guide.