Dying to Be a Good Mother with Heather Chauvin
Heather Chauvin is a leadership coach who helps ambitious, overwhelmed women conquer their fears and become leaders at work and home.
Drawing from her professional experience as a social worker and her life experience raising three boys, Heather created a signature approach to help her clients create and enjoy sustainability, profitability and ease in business and life.
She is the host of the Mom Is In Control Podcast where she reveals her most vulnerable truths about womanhood, marriage, parenting, living through stage 4 cancer and running a successful business without burning out.
She is releasing her first book in 2021. When Heather isn’t busy driving her boys to hockey practice, you can find her curled up on the couch next to her husband planning their next family adventure.
The Unspoken Topic
- Killing of parts of yourself does not serve anyone. Self-care is not selfish and self-care is not manicures and pedicures. Self-care doesn’t cost anything. It’s boundaries, it’s inner conviction, it’s trusting yourself, and it’s following your path without apologizing.
What We Cover
- How to reconnect to parts of you that have been shut down.
- Identifying where to open up the possibilities of your life.
- The Language of Behavior.
Take a Listen >>
- Your life that doesn’t feel sustainable, it is trying to tell you.
- Nobody is going to save you, it is your birthright to thrive.
- You need to become the person you desire your child to be.
- Change is possible.
How to Lean Into Your Truth to Live Your Best Life
STEP ONE: Start.
- Starting is the hardest part. Start somewhere. Make small commitments and take small steps.
- Don’t settle for crap. Do not accept that this is enough.
- Commit to showing up long enough for the change to happen.
- Trust that there is something more and keep showing up.
How to Schedule Your Day to Best Show Up For It
- Get super clear on how you want to feel and reverse engineer it. Practice leaning into that vision and expect things to not be perfect. Keep coming back to your core and yourself, “what do I need right now?”
A New Tradition You Have Started
- Family reading time in mom’s bed for an hour before bed. Gratitude about what we are grateful for about each person around the dinner table.
Most Excited About
- More conversations like this.
Heather’s Gift For You
Oooh this gift is so so so amazing!
Mama Has a Minute
Mama Has a Minute
- Favorite form of self-care: Listening to a podcast or audiobook.
- Best parenting advice ever received: You know what’s best for your kiddos.
- Parenting Hack: If things are feeling haywire, take a shower or a bath.
- Product Child cannot live without: Tennis shoes.
- Share 1 book: The Giving Home.
- What motherhood means to you: Motherhood means showing up for ourselves and our kids. It’s our greatest responsibility and helps us show up in alignment with our highest self.
Freebies From Us at Raising Children You Like
- Join our Facebook Community
- If you’re looking for a more peaceful home, get the 5 Tips to Pause a Tantrum.
- Download The 5 Screen Time Mistakess if you’re looking to maximize screen time with your tot.
- Join The FREE Masterclass on learning to stay present and unruffled during your child’s tantrum with these 3 Secrets.