How to Better Connect With Your Child with Heather Chauvin
Heather has been named the next generation’s though leader in parenting and women’s leadership.
Her mission is to crack women open to their deep potential and help them create the life their soul craves.
Heather is the creator of the Mom is in Control Podcast and has been featured on the OWN Network, Huffington Post, various TV outlets and more.
With wit and wisdom, Heather inspires a global community of women to take back control of their lives and evolve how they lead, work, play and parent.
The Unspoken Topic
- Not associating with modern motherhood and how to navigate through that identity through worthiness and trust.
What We Cover
- How motherhood gave Heather her purpose in life and how you can do the same.
- The secret to connecting with your kids, even when they have really bad tempers.
- The most important thing you need to do for yourself to become the best parent possible.
- Overcoming the fear of failure when it comes to parenting.
Take a Listen >>
- Taking care of yourself is the most important thing you can do for yourself and for your family.
- If you’re trying to control outwardly (people, cleanliness of home, environment, etc.) look inward because chances are there is something inside of you that you need to take care of.
- You really need to trust yourself because your kids are going to challenge you and knock down your efforts.
- Trust your intuition.
- It takes a village! You don’t have to do it alone. Create your tribe.
How to Connect With Your Intuition
- Ask yourself, “does this feel good?” and lead with that.
How to Gain Control of Your Life
- Get uncomfortable. It’s going to get you upset and that’s OK. Look at the areas of your daily life where you feel really uncomfortable and then run towards that.
- Begin a morning routine. Start with a simple breathing practice, journal and go for walk.
- As yourself, “am I living my life for me or for someone else?”
Hardest Decision To Make as a Mom
- To not medicate her children when it came to behavioral issues. She followed her intuition for healing and believes in meditation.
A-ha Moment About Parenting
- You’re going to screw up your kids regardless. When you get to a point of acceptance with your Self, you realize that whatever you do is going to impact your child regardless, so just enjoy the ride.
Most Excited About
- New book and daily podcast!
Teach Your Kid to Meditate
FREE ONLINE interview series to empower you as a parent, educator or caregiver, giving you the tools, strategies and science needed to take back control of your life and help your children do the same.
Each interview is filled with simple, practical ways to shift your child’s behavior and change the dynamic in your home or classroom.
Type in your email below to get access to the conference. You’ll be opted into Heather’s email list, along with Not Your Mother’s Podcast.
Mama Has a Minute
- Favorite form of self-care: Bath
- Best parenting advice ever received: Don’t listen to me.
- Share your favorite parenting hack: Earplugs.
- Recommend one baby/ kid product you cannot live without: The Windie Gas and Colic Relief to help release a fart for a baby.
- Share your favorite book and why: The Conscious Parent: Transforming Ourselves, Empowering our Children because it really puts thing into perspective, even though the advice is not practical.
- A parting piece of guidance: Just be you. The more you become you, the less you try to become everybody else. Just because you become a mother doesn’t mean you have to become someone else. The greatest gift you can give to your kids is being YOU.