The Myth of The Happy Mother with Jackie Shoemaker Holmes
Jackie is a sociologist, writer, speaker, and empowerment coach for women and moms whose goal and mission is to disrupt motherhood to that women can live their truths as moms and as humans.
The Unspoken Topic
- It’s OK to not love every minute of motherhood. There’s not space for us to share safely that we struggle.
What We Cover
- The myth of the happy mother and how we can create space for us to share openly about our experiences.
Take a Listen >>
- It’s normal to not love every moment of motherhood.
- Don’t take motherhood personally. It’s really a shit show out there and we are all going through it.
- Our own expectations of ourselves can eat us alive.
- Life is about the ebb and flow. We don’t just live our lives with happy feelings. Motherhood is no different.
- The myth of motherhood is that we’re always happy and that’s just not true.
- Birth is a traumatic experience with various degrees because your body goes through something you can’t truly prepare for.
- Get over the idea that you’re a monster.
- We need to be open up about our authentic experience so we can normalize it, so speak your truth.
- Be the safe space for your mom friends. Whether you’re a mom or not. Let your mom friends speak their truth to you.
Her decision to end her breastfeeding journey because of her mental health complications.
Doing Differently In Parenting Her Didn’t Think You’d Do
- Everything! Before you’re a parent, you just have an idea of what you want to do, but you really don’t know what you’re going to do until you get here. She’s happiest with one day at a time.
Most Excited About
- Eating Her Young! Her community is growing and it’s resonating with so many mamas.
Mama Has a Minute
- Favorite form of self-care: Baths
- Best parenting advice ever received: Trust yourself
- Share your favorite parenting hack: Put her in water or take her outside when she is upset.
- Recommend one product your children cannot live without: Chips
- Share your favorite book and why: Not a book, but her Instagram! She shares so many accounts and safe spaces for you to be YOU!
- What motherhood means to you: Motherhood is a reckoning with yourself and with the world. She didn’t think much of motherhood before becoming a mom and she is still ashamed to say that. Motherhood is the most important and most awakening role in the world.
Freebies From Us
- Join our Facebook Community
- If you’re living in Tantrumville with your toddler, you definitely need the Top 5 Tips to Hitting The Pause Button on Temper Tantrum
- Download our FREE Worried Mama’s Guide to Baby Milestones
- FREE Masterclass on getting rid of mom guilt when it coems to your finances.
- Learn to become an even more mindful mama without having to go to a yoga class or spend 30 minutes meditating with this free guide.