Owning Your Truth as a Mom with Jessica Buchanan and Jessica Kidwell
Jessica Buchanan is a NYT Bestselling author of Impossible Odds: The Kidnapping of Jessica Buchanan and Her Dramatic Rescue by SEAL Team 6. She is a professional speaker, podcast co-host, writer and speaking coach who believes in the power of speaking her truth and getting women up on stages, paid to speak. She is a mother of two half-vikings and feels she and her brood are the best versions of themselves while out in nature.
Jessica Kidwell is a freelance writer, preschool teacher and podcast co-host- none of which she was doing 10 years ago. She believes that you never know where life will lead you and staying open to the possibilities is the only way to live. When she is not editing or promoting the podcast, she loves spending time with her family and friends and not being in charge of deciding what’s for dinner.
The Unspoken Topic
- Standing in your own truth as a parent is okay.
What We Cover
- How to show up as your authentic self in mom groups.
- Modeling vulnerability to your children.
- How to answer questions in public forums.
Take a Listen >>
- Embody the phrase, “I am enough.”
How to Stand In Your Truth As a Parent
STEP ONE: Show up as your real you. That can be on social media, play groups and social circles.
STEP TWO: Understand that growth is not linear. Give yourself grace and space.
STEP THREE: Let go of fear and judgment from yourself and others.
Tradition They Have Started With Their Family
- Tucking in their kids every night to go to sleep.
Mama Has a Minute
- Favorite form of self-care: Nightly baths and Spa Trip.
- Best parenting advice ever received: Your kids actually need you more the older they get and You’re not going to screw them up.
- Parenting Hack: Screens and movement moves emotions.
- Product Child cannot live without: Screens.
- Share 1 book: Enough.
- What motherhood means to you: Motherhood means making a difference in the world.
Freebies From Us at Raising Children You Like
- Join our Facebook Community
- If you’re looking for a more peaceful home, get the 5 Tips to Pause a Tantrum.
- Download The 5 Screen Time Mistakess if you’re looking to maximize screen time with your tot.
- Join The FREE Masterclass on learning to stay present and unruffled during your child’s tantrum with these 3 Secrets.