Working Through Mom Guilt with Jordyn Palos
Named one of “Hollywood’s New Leaders” by Variety in 2015, Jordyn Palos, founder of Persona PR launched the company in 2010 out of her apartment and has established Persona as one of the most dedicated and hands-on independent PR firms in the entertainment industry today.
With offices in Los Angeles and New York City, Persona has grown from a dozen clients that followed Jordyn when she left her previous PR job, to over 100 clients in the talent, music, branded lifestyle, non-profit and corporate space.
While her business and clients are two of her greatest passions, Jordyn is also a wife and mom and loves to spend time with her family.
She is also a supporter of the American Diabetes Association (as several people in her life are Type 1 Diabetics) and the Bumble Bee Foundation, a local organization that provides relief to families who have children suffering from cancer.
The Unspoken Topic
- When you decide to have a family, you don’t think about the guilt you are going to feel leaving the house to continue on with your career. You don’t think about how much it affects you when your kids ask you to stay a little longer at school or to stop working when you’re in your home office.
What We Cover
- How much mom guilt is real.
- Ways to overcome the feeling of leaving your child when you go to work.
- A simple tool that can transform your entire day.
Take a Listen >>
- It’s important to show your kids what working hard looks like, even if that means you may feel guilty for not being able to be there every day.
- Letting go of your previous life will be hard because you can’t just pick up and do whatever you want, whenever you want.
- We are all doing the best we can. Remember that when you are struggling with going to work, or are not being the best wife or you have a short fuse.
- We don’t have all the answers and its OK.
- Breathing does wonders! Just take 10 long breaths.
- Not having expectations may sound like a negative thing, but that just means you’re not setting yourself up for disappointment.
How to Be Productive
- Having great communication with her husband and using a desk calendar to write everything down is what attributes to Jordyn’s success as a busy mama. She also has a full-time many that helps with her son.
Hardest Decision To Make as a Mom
- Jordyn had the opportunity to sell her business or sign a 5-year lease and continue being in business for herself. She chose her business which meant really long days and nights and working around the clock. But she loves what she does and it makes her happy.
A-Ha Moment About Parenting
- Potty trained kids are amazing! Ahaaa!! And that life goes back to normal. Things are always changing so embrace every moment.
Mama Has a Minute
- Favorite form of self-care: Massages.
- Best parenting advice ever received: We are all doing the best we can.
- Share your favorite parenting hack: Driving her son to sleep.
- Recommend one product your children cannot live without: Super wings.
- Share your favorite book and why: Eat Pray Love. She even has a tattoo!
- What motherhood means to you: Motherhood is Everything!