How to Know When to Call it Quits on Your Marriage with Kate Anthony
Kate Anthony is the host of the Divorce Survival Guide Podcast, and the creator of the groundbreaking online coaching program Should I Stay or Should I Go?
Kate’s programs help women make the most difficult decision of their lives using life coaching tools, relationship education, geeky neuroscience, community support and deep self-work.
She empowers women to find their strength, passion, and confidence even in the most disempowering of circumstances and helps them move forward with concrete plans set on a solid foundation, putting their children at the center (and not in the middle) of all of their decisions.
The Unspoken Topic
- In order to raise healthy, happy children we need to put ourselves first and our marriage first.
What We Cover
- Kate does not advocate for divorce, rather she advocates for your happiness and health.
- She shares how to make a decision about your marriage from a place of wisdom and strength rather than reaction and resentment.
- Kate identifies what emotional abuse looks like, how to know if you are in an emotionally abusive relationship, and what to do about it.
Take a Listen >>
- We deserve to be taken care of. Know that with your whole heart.
- We resent our children when are unsatisfied.
- We spend so much of our time making sure everyone around us is taken care of and we put ourselves last.
- But in order for us to have healthy and happy children, we need to put ourselves first and our marriage first.
- The village was destroyed with the idea of the American Dream. The white picket fences created cages and gave us the idea that we only can rely on our partner to meet our every need.
- Women gain power through community.
- It’s important to do the deep interpersonal work so you understand why you keep choosing the partners you are with.
- Divorce doesn’t break the cycle of abuse, self-work does.
- It only takes one generation to break the cycle of abuse. Gift that to your children.
How to Identify Emotional Abuse
- Always remember that impact trumps intent.
- Look for gaslighting behavior. You feel like your personal, lived experience isn’t real or valid or truthful.
- Do you have access to your own money?
- Do you have access to your family and friends?
- Does your partner act one way in public and another way in private?
- Do you leave a party and are told all of the things you need to improve on so you are not embarrassing to be with?
- If so, are you and your partner willing to do the deep, personal, introspective work it takes to heal your marriage.
- It takes both people. It doesn’t work when only one is growing and the other is not.
What You’re Doing Differently Than Your Parents
Kate is doing the work! We are the first generation that has access to this type of coaching and therapy.
What is a House Rule You’ve Established
No grunting. Grunting does not count as a form of communication.
What Are You Most Excited About
Her work. She loves helping women find their strength.
Kate’s Gift For You
This is an incredibly insightful gift that will hopefully bring you the clarity you need to understand where you are in the process.
Mama Has a Minute
- Favorite form of self-care: Therapy.
- What is the best parenting advice you’ve ever received: Ditch the books and listen to your baby.
- Share your favorite parenting hack: Put your relationship and self-care first.
- Share 1 product your children cannot live without: X-Box.
- Share 1 book and why: Fed Up by Gemma Hartley because it’s about the emotional load women carry.
- What motherhood means to you: Motherhood is doing the work to heal generational trauma so she doesn’t pass it on to her son.
Freebies From Us
- Join our Facebook Community
- If you’re living in Tantrumville with your toddler, you definitely need the Top 5 Tips to Hitting The Pause Button on Temper Tantrum
- Download our FREE Worried Mama’s Guide to Baby Milestones
- FREE Masterclass on getting rid of mom guilt when it coems to your finances.
- Learn to become an even more mindful mama without having to go to a yoga class or spend 30 minutes meditating with this free guide.