The Key To Sprinkling Adventure Into Your Life with Kimberly Crossland
Kimberly Crossland is the owner and founder of the Focus Driven Biz and Cruisin’ + Campfires, two companies designed to keep families together and living in freedom and through entrepreneurship and travel. The goal of her work is to inspire meaningful change through the power of a strategic, thoughtful approach to life and business. In her free time, you can find her looking for a new adventure together with her two boys.
The Unspoken Topic
- There are so many ways to seek adventure. Adventure can mean whatever you want it to mean. The more comfortable you make it for yourself, the more inclined you are to doing it. It’s about creating the memories.
What We Cover
- Traveling tips when traveling with little kids.
- How to timeblock your day to be more productive.
- How to make adventure a normal part of your life.
Take a Listen >>
- Traveling doesn’t have to be so extravagant. You can explore nature in your near surroundings.
- If your children aren’t in traditional school, consider going during off-peak times to maximize the intimacy with nature without the crowds.
- Comfort is the key to making adventure a part of your life.
- Redefine what “enough” means to you so you can steer clear from the all or nothing moment.
- Time blocking is the key to getting things done on the road and at home so you know how to show up mentally in all areas of your life.
How to Travel With Little Kids
STEP ONE: Make lists. Create 3 different lists. One is the general list of all the things you need to pack. Then a list of all the things you need to pack the day-of, like pillows, passports, toiletries, chargers, etc. Then a list of all the food you need. Make sure to add your kids’ favorite snacks.
STEP TWO: Pack snacks into something fun like easter eggs. Also consider getting fun-shaped foods like pretzels. Vanilla wafers are a fun treat because they taste like a treat without all the sugar.
STEP THREE: Get new toys for the trip. Bonus if you wrap them up so they have a fun time unwrapping them while on the road.
New Tradition She’s Started With Her Family
- They do nights around the campfire with glow sticks because it ignites the imagination and the colors make things more fun.
Most Excited About
- Her next camping trip has a water park they’re really excited to explore!
Kimherly’s Gift For You
What a generous gift! To grab it, just type in your name and email address and we’ll send it right over. You’ll be joining our mailing list, as well as our guests so you can receive even more goodies!
Mama Has a Minute
- Favorite form of self-care: Hiking and being outside.
- Best parenting advice ever received: Keep your mouth shut and let them explore. Unless they’re harming themselves or their environment.
- Parenting Hack: Easter eggs for packing snacks to make it more fun.
- Product Child cannot live without: Tablet.
- Share 1 book: Green Lights.
- What motherhood means to you: Motherhood means everything. Absolutely everything. Motherhood is life in the best way.
Freebies From Us at Raising Children You Like
- Join our Facebook Community
- If you’re looking for a more peaceful home, get the 5 Tips to Pause a Tantrum.
- Download The 5 Screen Time Mistakess if you’re looking to maximize screen time with your tot.
- Join The FREE Masterclass on learning to stay present and unruffled during your child’s tantrum with these 3 Secrets.