The 3 People You Need to Prepare Yourself for Divorce with Michelle Dempsey
Michelle Dempsey-Multack is a writer, mom, coach, certified divorce specialist, speaker and genuine girl power enthusiast.
She graduated from Hofstra University with a degree in journalism and communication and then earned a double masters degree in education from Adelphi University.
She hosts the weekly podcast Moms Moving On and writes regularly for Parents, Scary Mommy and others.
A former New Yorker, she now lives in Miami with her husband, daughter and step-daughter.
The Unspoken Topic
- The pain of divorce never goes away. You are not alone.
What We Cover
- Ways to know when to call it quits.
- Tips for coparenting in a healthy way.
- Steps for preparing for a divorce, mentally and logistically.
Take a Listen >>
- You are worthy of so much more. If your marriage is not serving you, leave it. Your marriage does not define you.
How to Prepare for a Divorce
STEP 1: Educate yourself before you tell your partner.
STEP 2: Meet with at least 3 attorneys to really feel who is your fit.
STEP 3: Have a plan. Where are you going?
STEP 4: Make a list of your monthly budget.
STEP 5: Build your team. Have a divorce coach and/or therapist to help with your wellbeing and setting boundaries.
What She’s Doing Differently in New Marriage
They spend time together each week in an intentional way and play what into what makes them, them They keep communication really open. She is now in a relationship where she feels comfortable sharing.
Mama Has a Minute
- Favorite form of self-care: Massage and exercise.
- Best parenting advice ever received: Parent the child in front of you.
- Parenting Hack: iPad.
- Product Child cannot live without: iPad and sunblock.
- Share 1 book: A Radical Awakening by Dr. Shefali
- What motherhood means to you: Motherhood is becoming who you needed to be.
Freebies From Us at Raising Children You Like
- Join our Facebook Community
- If you’re looking for a more peaceful home, get the 5 Tips to Pause a Tantrum.
- Download The 5 Screen Time Mistakess if you’re looking to maximize screen time with your tot.
- Join The FREE Masterclass on learning to stay present and unruffled during your child’s tantrum with these 3 Secrets.