The Key Element Needed to Be Able To Live The Life You Want as a Mom with Nicole Neves
Nicole Neves is a mom of 2 boys and was the PR and Events Director at GUESS for 11 years before starting her own PR and Events Agency Firm called Sequin Productions.
With over 15 years experience in PR, marketing, special events and celebrity management, her expertise in lifestyle, luxury PR and marketing has given her the background to create brand awareness through events with various companies such as: GUESS Clothing, NYX Cosmetics, Kopari Beauty, Anthropologie, COVERGIRL, Munchkin, and many others in the fashion and beauty industry.
One of Nicole’s favorite quotes is, “I just want go on more adventures. Be around good energy. Connect with people. Learn new things. Grow.”
The Unspoken Topic
- If you want to live a specific lifestyle as a mom, lean on a community of other mothers that are doing the same thing to support the life you want.
What We Cover
- The one thing you need in order to support the life you want to live.
- One item that can really keep your family on the same page and offload the emotional load off of mom.
- How to schedule your week to be most productive.
Take a Listen >>
- Be brave enough to do what is right for yourself and your family. If you want to become a stay-at-home mom who also works from home, figure out a way to do that, so you don’t miss out on your child’s milestones.
- Learn to not take things personally. Move on from experiences.
- Things don’t have to be balanced all the time. You may feel unbalanced but it’s really about how you work through it that makes you excel and push through.
- It’s OK to stand up for what you believe in.
- Believe in what you want to do. Show up and kill it. There is enough space for you to do what you love.
How to Schedule a Productive Week
- Sunday evening, prepare lunches and homework for the kids.
- Get a huge physical calendar and write all of the things for everyone in the household on it.
- Put the calendar in a communal space (like the kitchen) so everyone can know what everybody is doing. That way you won’t miss pajama day at school or know what time kids need to be picked up, etc.
Hardest Decision To Make as a Mom
- Leaving the security of a job she really loved. Every decision is hard because kids are so impressionable. The second hardest decision was schooling and after-care.
A-Ha Moment About Parenting
- There are moments where she gets on her kids about certain things, but she will always try to put the kids to bed on a positive note. When you harp on them, you’re the one that is taking it more personal than them. They are over it way before you realize it. Tell them you love them at the end of the night so you can close the circle of that encounter.
Most Excited About
- Growing the company and scaling the team because there are a lot of exciting brands she is working with.
Mama Has a Minute
- Favorite form of self-care: Watching Bravo and chillin’ on the couch.
- Best parenting advice ever received: Quality over quantity.
- Share your favorite parenting hack: Rewards program with a point system. They can use those points for various activities and special treats.
- Recommend one product your children cannot live without: Legos.
- Share your favorite book and why: Mindfulness because when she feels off, she dives into it and reads an excerpt to make herself feel good.
- What motherhood means to you: Love, gratefulness and something that fulfills her.
Freebies From Us
- Join our Facebook Community
- Download our FREE Worried Mama’s Guide to Baby Milestones
- FREE Masterclass on getting rid of mom guilt when it comes to your finances.
- Learn to become an even more mindful mama without having to go to a yoga class or spend 30 minutes meditating with this free guide.