Bonus: How to Get Your Kids to Eat The Food You Make Them with Bryana Kappa
Our favorite therapist is back on the podcast talk all about picky eating. As moms of toddlers, we were having such a power struggle around food and reached out to Bryana so should could help us wrap our heads around why our gals wouldn’t eat the food we were making them.
We are excited to share her insight.
What We Cover
- Why toddlers have a power struggle around food.
- Ways on how to stop being a short-order chef for your child.
- How to set up your child for success when it comes to family meals.
Take a Listen >>
- Some children are picky eaters due to sensory issues. If that is the case, we advise you to speak with an occupational therapist professional who can help.
- It’s common for toddlers to be picky eaters. This is how they assert a sense of control of themselves and their environment.
- Parents struggle with this because we too, have a sense of control and we put so much emphasis on whether or not we are good parents by how our children eat.
- We know if our child is being a picky eater because their eating habits are a repeated stress for the parent and child.
- We ease our own stress by putting the children in front of the television, but what then happens is the child loses the ability to read their body’s cues.
How to Set Up Your Dinner Table
- Always offer bread and butter at the table. If your child will eat nothing else, you know they’ll have some carbohydrates and fat at least.
- Structure the meal with something you know your child will eat. If you know they like cheese, make sure there is cheese in what is being served.
The Division of Responsibility
- Your Responsibility: What is being eat, where and when.
- Your Child’s Responsibility: How much they eat, and whether they eat any of it.
Put it Into Action: Handling Picky Eaters
Freebies From Us
- Join our Facebook Community
- If you’re living in Tantrumville with your toddler, you definitely need the Top 5 Tips to Hitting The Pause Button on Temper Tantrum
- Download our FREE Worried Mama’s Guide to Baby Milestones
- FREE Masterclass on getting rid of mom guilt when it coems to your finances.
- Learn to become an even more mindful mama without having to go to a yoga class or spend 30 minutes meditating with this free guide.