Body Positivity And Easy Styling Tips For Busy Moms with Laurie Brucker
Laurie Brucker is a body-positive image consultant, personal stylist, community leader and motivational speaker.
Laurie is all about “Stylepowerment” and illuminates her clients with the art and science of fashion to build body-positivity, confidence and endless possibilities in and out of their closets.
She is on a mission to reimagine your style, define your best YOU and ultimately change your life.
Laurie has also won awards such as LA Times “LA’s Go-to Stylist” and named “LA’s Top Personal Stylist” for CBS Los Angeles. She is an award-winning speaker, spokeswoman for brands like Macy’s, Outlets of Tejon and many others.
The Unspoken Topic
- How to stay in love with your body as it changes after motherhood and beyond.
What We Cover
- Secrets on capturing effortless style with real budgets for the real woman.
- The #1 styling tip that will transform your body, no matter the type.
- How to get in touch with your innermost feminine self.
- A 5-minute morning routine that even the busiest mama can do to achieve effortless style.
Take a Listen >>
- Don’t get caught up in the numbers on your clothes. They all vary between brands and they don’t really exist. Instead, find a brand that fits you well and fall in love with it.
- Know that your body is beautiful RIGHT NOW, just the way it is. It’s the body that has carried your children. Learn to fall in love with it.
- If you find something you love that fits you well, buy different colors of the same look. You’ll have tons of options.
3 Tips to Achieve Effortless Style
- Fit is everything. Dress slimmer and you look slimmer.
- Belts make all the difference.
- Accessorizing is easy and really takes your style to a personal level and levels you up. A statement necklace is a great place to start.
Where to Find Accessories on a Budget
- Banana Republic has great staple necklaces for sale.
- Target has awesome belts for great prices.
How to Build an Outfit.
- Find a piece you want to wear that day and build from there. The day of the interview, Laurie wanted to wear glittery combat boots, so she built an outfit around that.
How to Find Your High Waist
- Look in the mirror and measure about 2 inches above your belly button. Where your detached ribs are.
How to Look Slimmer + Find Your Feminine Self
- Belt it out! Find one with elastic in the back. Belts are a powerful tool to get back in touch and find your feminine self again. Make sure to belt your high-waist. Works well with every body type.
Laurie’s Quick Morning Routine To Help You Feel Put Together
- Get your face and hair done before you dressed to help inspire you to feel put together.
- Eat a hearty breakfast!
A-ha Moment for Busy Moms to Get Ready in 5 Minutes or Less
- Part your hair in the center and put it in a ponytail.
- Put on an earring or a statement necklace.
- Pop on a mascara.
Most Excited About
- New book coming out about style and empowerment in the spring of 2019!
How to Accessorize Cheat Sheet
Accessories have the power of making an outfit look intentional, yet so many women don’t know how to properly accessorize.
Enter your email address to receive Laurie’s game-changing Accessorizing Guide to transform your look + feel in your day-to-day!
Mama Has a Minute (modified as she is a Mama-to-be)
- Favorite form of self-care: Manicure and pedicure.
- Share your favorite style hack: The half-tuck. Take the front 6 inches of your top and tuck it into your pants. Makes the outfit look intentional.
- The most recommended article of clothing: Fitted cropped jacket.
- Recommend one book: The Art of Extreme Self-Care.
- Mama to Mama words of wisdom: We all have something we are insecure about. YOU ARE NOT ALONE. Not only are there communities to tap into to know you are not alone, but there are more people than you realize with the same insecurities.