What To Do If You Are Having a Hard Time Getting Pregnant with Suzy Goodwin
Suzy Goodwin is a former Guinness Book of World Record Holder and Triplet Mom of 4 kids under the age of 5.
She is a Christian, military spouse and owner of a marathon in 47 of the 50 states, including Boston, Chicago and NYC.
She hosts a podcast called “Run, Lift, Mom” where she inspires women, at any age to take control of their health through weight training and eating calories galore.
The Unspoken Topic
- The infertility journey can be isolating because of the shame and guilt around not being able to do something your body is “designed” to do, mixed with a lot of grief throughout the process.
What We Cover
- How to be proactive about your infertility.
- How to get through the journey with your spouse.
- What you can do if you are not having fertility issues, to better support people you know who are.
Take a Listen >>
- The journey can put a strain on your marriage.
- Bring in the tribe that loves and cares about you to talk about the feelings of frustration and sadness.
- Before you decide to go through the fertility process, create a plan with set boundaries for what tests you are and are not willing to do.
- Know when it call it quits BEFORE you get emotionally invested in the process.
- If you are someone who does not have fertility issues, be a friend. We all know someone that is going through that. Be an emotional support system to those people.
- Have realistic expectations of the journey.
- Sometimes infertility is unexplained and be OK with that.
- Be proactive about your infertility by tracking your period for 4 months before seeing a specialist.
- Sometimes big corporations cover infertility as much as 80%. Check with your provider to see how much you are covered.
How to Get Through Infertility With Your Spouse
- Have heart-centered conversations.
- Make a plan BEFORE you start any treatments.
- What tests are you wiling to take?
- How many months are you willing to try?
- What is your cutoff point?
What To Do If You Think You May Have Fertility Issues
- Try making a baby the good old fashion way for at least 8 months.
- If you are still not getting pregnant, begin tracking your periods for 4 months.
- Bring your period tracker into your doctor to provide “baseline data” for them. That will help tremendously.
Hardest Decision To Make as a Mom
- Leaving an organization she loved so much.
A-Ha Moment About Parenting
- Every child is different. You hear it everywhere but it’s true. Her triplets prove it to be so.
Most Excited About
- Connecting with entrepreneurs and collaborating with similar minds.
Suzy’s Post-It Calendar method can be used for an area of your life. Never miss a to-do, again! Type in your email address and you’ll receive instant access! You’ll also be opting into both of our email lists so you can receive even more goodies!
Mama Has a Minute
- Favorite form of self-care: Running.
- Best parenting advice ever received: Don’t let perfect be the enemy of good.
- Share your favorite parenting hack: Online grocery delivery service.
- Recommend one product your children cannot live without: Baby wipes.
- Share your favorite book and why: The Pilgrim’s Progress by John Bunyan because it’s the best book a Christian could read.
- What motherhood means to you: Motherhood is raising the next generation to honor God. It’s wonderful and everything she wanted it to be.