Knowing The Difference Between Mom Brain and Brain Fog and Tools To Alleviating Them with Bri Pruitt
Bri Pruitt is a wife, mom, Registered Nurse and Certified Integrative Nutrition Health Coach.
After winning the battle of her own brain fog, Bri became passionate about guiding moms through the journey of busing through their brain fog so they can be the energetic, happy mama they crave to be.
The Unspoken Topic
- When we become a mom, we are told that mom brain is part of the experience, which it is to an extent. But we don’t need to suffer with it.
What We Cover
- The difference between mom brain and brain fog and what you can do to alleviate them.
- How toxins play a role in your mood.
- Eliminating toxins and how to do it.
Take a Listen >>
- There is always an element of mom brain because of all the responsibility that comes with the role.
- Mom brain is when you have hectic days and every now and then you forget simple things like your keys or where you put something down.
- Brain fog is something that happens daily and you feel like you are losing your mind for no reason. It shows up in headaches, anxiety, depression, etc.
- Moms crave more energy so they add toxins into their bodies for it, like sugar.
- Our bodies naturally detoxify but we are exposed to so many toxins in today’s world that we really need to be proactive to getting rid of them.
- By taking control of the toxins in your home, you can rest assured on the toxins you are receiving outside the home.
- Chemicals can lead to weight gain called obevseagan.
- A lotion can have thousands of chemicals in it. Just by cutting back on your daily products like cleaning, beauty and food can do wonders.
How to Minimize Your Exposure to Toxins
- Focus on the toxins that you can control like lotions, food and cleaning products.
- Remove anything that says “fragrance” or “perfume.” Those alone have 100s to 1000s of chemicals.
- Keep a food journal to start to link what you are eating to how you are feeling.
- Also track your water intake.
- How was your mood? More energy? Cranky? Tired?
- Aim for only 25g of sugar per day.
- Track this for 30 days.
Hardest Decision To Make as a Mom
- Deciding to put her daughter in public school after being home schooled.
A-Ha Moment About Parenting
- The difference between being a physically present parent vs a truly present one is something kids notice.
Most Excited About
- Watching her daughter develop into being her own person. She’s got the eye roll and “the look” down for a seven year old! She’s also excited about setting a good foundation for her for healthy living.
What better way to elevate your mood and memory than with Bri’s incredible gift! Type in your email address and you’ll receive instant access! You’ll also be opting into both of our email lists so you can receive even more goodies!
Mama Has a Minute
- Favorite form of self-care: Reading.
- Best parenting advice ever received: Let them get dirty.
- Share your favorite parenting hack: Back off some situations and let your kid figure it out.
- Recommend one product your children cannot live without: Dress up dresses.
- Share your favorite book and why: The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck because it’s a great self-help book.
- What motherhood means to you: Motherhood means being present and helping your babe develop into the best person they can be.