How to Transition Your Toddler into a Big Kid Bed with Rachel Mitchell
Rachel is a mom and bonus mom of six (soon to be seven), a published author, manager of chaos, Maternity and Pediatric Sleep specialist and founder of My Sweet Sleeper.
She’s been practicing for almost 10 years, helping save families from sleep deprivation all over the world.
The Unspoken Topic
- Sleep is always evolving.
What We Cover
- The milestones of sleep.
- How to transition to a big kid bed.
- How to parent the child in front of you when it comes to sleep.
- Tips for blended families.
Take a Listen >>
- Sleep is always evolving.
How to Transition Your Toddler to a Big Kid Bed
STEP ONE: Make sure your baby is ready. Are they climbing out of the crib? Are they asking for a bed?
STEP TWO: Have lots of discussion with them to prepare them. Read books about it.
STEP THREE: Make them a part of the process by picking their bedding, etc. Make it exciting. This is a new and exciting chapter in their little lives!
STEP FOUR: Make it a gradual shift. It will take a little time to get them accustomed to it.
STEP FIVE: Communicate routine and let them know you are here for them through this new experience.
STEP SIX: Parent the child in front of you. Do you need to sit in the room with them while they fall asleep? etc.
Tips for Managing 7 Children
- Have solid communication with your partner and have a very strong community to support. They have a very strong village that helps raise their kids. Her partner and her are very equal in parenting load.
- They are first friends with the other’s children. They establish trust and love and they don’t immediately step into the parent role with each other’s kids.
Mama Has a Minute
- Favorite form of self-care: Running.
- Best parenting advice ever received: Have grace.
- Parenting Hack: Color coded schedules.
- Product Child cannot live without: N/A.
- Share 1 book: The Power of a Positive Mom.
- What motherhood means to you: Motherhood is the biggest blessing and the best lesson on who she is.
Freebies From Us at Raising Children You Like
- Join our Facebook Community
- If you’re looking for a more peaceful home, get the 5 Tips to Pause a Tantrum.
- Download The 5 Screen Time Mistakes if you’re looking to maximize screen time with your tot.
- Join The FREE Masterclass on learning to stay present and unruffled during your child’s tantrum with these 3 Secrets.
Our Partnership With Inner.U
- Inner.U is the secret sauce to getting yourself unstuck and thriving where it matters most. The owner’s manual for your entire life. This online coaching course gives you the tools to get yourself honestly and deeply happy where it matters most to you: your relationships to your SELF, BODY, MONEY, TIME, and more. Signing up today gets you a lifetime access to a ton of coaching worth thousands of dollars, including a private coaching session with an HG Coach, group masterclasses and access to Q&A recordings all to keep you happy and inspired. Go to inner.u and enter the code NOTYOURMOTHER75