How to Use Wardrobe to Feel Comfortable and Confident in Your Body Again with Laurie Brucker Amerikaner
Named “LA’s top personal shopper and stylist” by Angeleno Magazine, “LA’s best personal stylist” by CBS, “LA’s go-to stylist” by The Los Angeles Times, Laurie Brucker Amerikaner of LaurieBStyle LLC, is all about Stylepowerment.
Empowerment Stylist, spokeswoman and author, Laurie brings seventeen years of fashion and style expertise to private homes, public stages and on-camera.
Teaching realistic, creative and attainable style strategies in order to create possibility and empowerment and to promote personal growth, Laurie’s unique specialty is what sets her apart as a leader in her industry.
Known as the original body positivity stylist, Laurie’s mission is for women to see themselves differently in the mirror by embracing their bodies, seeing their true beauty, recognizing their inner power and learning to let their best selves shine.
The Unspoken Topic
- Wardrobe can be a tool to help you feel comfortable and confident in your body again after having kids- no matter your size.
What We Cover
- Why it’s important to get dressed every single day.
- What things to focus on when it comes to getting dressed in the morning.
- How to put an outfit together quickly using 4 things.
Take a Listen >>
- Focus on being OK with being imperfect in your style, but make it intentional.
- As you shop, be OK with grabbing larger sizes. Just grab what you like without judgment.
- Rediscover who you are in style. Try a bunch of clothes on and see what you like, what works, and make you feel good. Be open to exploring what excites you.
- Shopping online has more inclusive sizing. If you are unsure what size you are, consider the brand you are buying from, the material, and buy two sizes and return the one that doesn’t fit.
- Buy new bras that support your breast and that make you feel empowered under your clothes.
- Face your closet. Easiest thing to do is to pull all the items that still fit and you like the way they look and put them toward the front of your closet. Everything else you can donate or move to the side.
- To find comfy clothes, shop at Aerie.
How to Put an Outfit Together Using the “Four and Out The Door” Method
- Choose a top, a jacket, a pant and an accessory.
- Half-tuck your t-shirt into your jeans or yoga pants.
- Put on some lipstick and a little mascara and you are ready to go!
What Are Some Staples In Your Closet That You Love
She loves a great “leather” jacket. It goes with everything and updates everything. She also has a pair of jeans that fit really well right now.
What Are You Most Excited About
She finished her new book! It’s about manifesting your life and being empowered by getting dressed every day. It will help mamas get into the mindset of showing up for themselves and in their lives, through style.
Laurie’s Gift For You
Oooh mama, these style formulas are a game changer!
Mama Has a Minute
- Favorite form of self-care: Pedicures.
- What is the best parenting advice you’ve ever received: Give yourself grace.
- Share your favorite parenting hack: Baby wearing.
- Share 1 product your children cannot live without: The Book “The Wheels on the Bus” that also makes sound.
- Share 1 book: Her new book! “You Are The Style”- a real girl’s guide to getting dressed, building confidence, and shining through the inside out. Get on the waitlist!
- What motherhood means to you: Motherhood is a feeling you cannot express. She loves being a mom. It means the world to her. It’s the greatest challenge and the greatest joy.
Freebies From Us
- Join our Facebook Community
- If you’re living in Tantrumville with your toddler, you definitely need the Top 5 Tips to Hitting The Pause Button on Temper Tantrum
- Download our FREE Worried Mama’s Guide to Baby Milestones
- FREE Masterclass on getting rid of mom guilt when it coems to your finances.
- Learn to become an even more mindful mama without having to go to a yoga class or spend 30 minutes meditating with this free guide.