Healing The Relationship With Your Mom with Wendy Connelly
Wendy Connelly is the host of Mojo For Moms Podcast, a life coach for moms, and mama to a 5th and 7th grader who is trying to live her life with mojo aka MORE JOY!
She hosts retreats and offers an 8-week coaching program where she combines her expertise in behavioral sciences, with her certification in the science of happiness and her Methodist seminary training- the perfect blind of science, psychology and spiritual direction.
In her free time, Wendy travels the world with her husband and kids- sleeping in Scandinavian hostels, swimming with elephants in Thailand, eating scorpions in China, bartering in Turkish bazaars, and swirling fondue in the Swiss Alps.
The Unspoken Topic
- Many of us have these ideas of how moms are supposed to be, how we think they should be there for us emotionally and physically. And for many of us, we are let down. Every woman who heals herself, heals her children’s children.
What We Cover
- How your relationship with your mom affects the way you parent.
- Identifying your emotions and learning to move through them.
- Healing uncomfortable relationships and the benefits it has.
Take a Listen >>
- Learning to create boundaries is one of the healthiest things you can do for yourself.
- We cannot control another person’s behavior. We can only control how we react to it. We can choose how we are going to show up in that relationship.
- Blaming our parents has an expiry date- we can’t blame them forever.
- If you have had a strain in your relationships with your parents, you can be a generation shifter and heal the generations that come after you by healing yourself.
- Anxiety is to be expected as a mom. Embrace it. You are human. Let it move through you.
- Welcome emotions like they are visitors. Label them to identify them and to create space between your feelings and your reality.
- When you resist your emotions, they become stronger.
- Get curious about your well being. If it becomes too overwhelming, seek help.
- Every emotion is created by a thought- don’t give that power to anyone else.
How to Change Your Thoughts About a Negative Situation
- What is the story we are telling ourselves about this relationship?
- Come up with a title of a book that can be applied to the negative situation.
- Come up with an empowering title such as, “Out of Brokeness, I am Stronger.”
How to Process Your Emotions
- Look at your emotions like they are professors or as they are visitors.
- Identify them, name them and begin to understand where you feel them in your body.
- Once you identify it in your body, breathe into it. For example, “I feel anxiety in my chest.” Take deep breaths so you can move through that anxiety and staying focused in that body space.
- Then that feeling will move through your bloodstream.
- This will help create space between you and your feelings.
Hardest Decision To Make as a Mom
- Going back to school to get her masters and having to sacrifice time with her family.
Most Excited About
- Having her kids home for the summer.
Becoming aware of our emotions and then allowing ourselves to feel them is the first step to emotional and mental health. Wendy’s gift is the perfect companion to understanding your emotions so you are better able to move through them. To receive this wonderful gift, type in your email address and you’ll receive instant access! You’ll also be opting into both of our email lists so you can receive even more goodies!
Mama Has a Minute
- Favorite form of self-care: Travel.
- Best parenting advice ever received: The holidays belong to you, not the generation before you. Create your own traditions- guilt and obligation free.
- Share your favorite parenting hack: Write something you love about them on each fingertip. Artsy on pinky finger, Funny on ring finger, etc.
- Recommend one product your children cannot live without: Tick remover spoon because they are a camping family.
- Share your favorite book and why: Simplicity Parenting By Kim John Payne because it is the guide that her and her husband use to parent their children.
- What motherhood means to you: Motherhood is a mystical calling. Our children do not belong to us. They belong to God. We are just stewards and guides. We are woven together. Motherhood is a sacred and divine privilege.
Freebies From Us
- Join our Facebook Community
- Download our FREE Worried Mama’s Guide to Baby Milestones
- FREE Masterclass on getting rid of mom guilt when it comes to your finances.
- Learn to become an even more mindful mama without having to go to a yoga class or spend 30 minutes meditating with this free guide.