What We've Learned After 1 Year of Unspoken Conversations
Happy 1 year anniversary to Not Your Mother’s Podcast! We can’t believe it’s already been a year. We thought it’d be great to celebrate by interviewing each other so you can get a better sense of who we are and what prompted us to go on this wild ride.
We also want to THANK YOU for being a part of this tribe. We’re happy you’re reaping the benefits of all the actionable tips and insights each guest shares. And we hope it’s made your motherhood journey an enjoyable one.
The Unspoken Topic
- Sonnet: The work of a parent is one of a deep personal growth journey where you get to look at your behavior and thought process so you’re able to become the best version of yourself so you can model that for your children.
- Veronica: It’s OK to be honest with how you’re feeling about your motherhood journey because all feelings and phases pass. It’s OK to enjoy it when others aren’t, and it’s ok to hate it when it’s hard. How you feel doesn’t define you as a mom.
Take a Listen >>
Our Most Memorable Episodes
- Laura talks about slowing down your life so you’re able to enjoy the magical moments that happen in childhood. In a world where it’s easy to complain about motherhood, Laura reminds us that we’re really lucky to have this opportunity.
- In this episode, Jennifer reminds us about our intuition as moms and how we’ve been able to trust ourselves and our babies for millennia. The idea that we can’t co-sleep out of fear of killing our children is just not true, and Jennifer gives us a mantra we say all the time, “I trust my baby, I trust myself.”
- Shannon also reminds us of the power of our intuition and how if we cultivate it and use it like a muscle, the better we will be at following it.
- Britta shares the difference between becoming a parent and learning how to parent. And how there is a grieving process that happens when we become parents. Nobody talks about that.
- Bryana is our resident Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist with a specialty in early childhood development and prevention and we just love having her on because she is a wealth of knowledge.
The Hardest Decision
- Sonnet: Going forward with laser treatments on Cairo’s port wine stain birthmark on her face.
- Veronica: Continuing to breastfeed which has led to tandem feeding because it has put a strain on my marriage.
Mama Has a Minute- Sonnet
- Favorite form of self-care: Going to the gym and washing her hair.
- What is the best parenting advice you’ve ever received: Follow your intuition.
- Share your favorite parenting hack: Saying, “one more minute.”
- Share 1 product your children cannot live without: Raisins.
- Share 1 book and why: Loving What Is by Byron Katie because it helps shift your perspective and find inner peace with what is.
- What motherhood means to you: Motherhood is an ever-evolving journey of deep love and transformation so you can have unconditional love for yourself, your partner and your baby.
Mama Has a Minute- Veronica
- Favorite form of self-care: Spin class.
- What is the best parenting advice you’ve ever received: If you want your children to do something, you have to do it first.
- Share your favorite parenting hack: Not giving Cecilia snacks so she’s hungry for mealtime.
- Share 1 product your children cannot live without: Cecilia is obsessed with Elsa and Melrose is obsessed with me haha.
- Share 1 book and why: The Power of Showing Up by Daniel Siegal because it helps you realize how your presence as a parent molds and wires your child’s brain.
- What motherhood means to you: Motherhood is a profound opportunity for personal growth and transformation that allows you to show up in your relationships guilt-free and present and whole, so you can model what it’s like to be that way for your children.
Freebies From Us
- Join our Facebook Community
- If you’re living in Tantrumville with your toddler, you definitely need the Top 5 Tips to Hitting The Pause Button on Temper Tantrum
- Download our FREE Worried Mama’s Guide to Baby Milestones
- FREE Masterclass on getting rid of mom guilt when it coems to your finances.
- Learn to become an even more mindful mama without having to go to a yoga class or spend 30 minutes meditating with this free guide.